Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Indeed there is ALWAYS a sign from God

Chris traveled to Virginia this week to attend a class in Quantico. He is gone for the whole week and he is certainly being missed! He sent an email to me when he arrived and it was just what we were needing. God always provides and He is good. Chris was remembering his dad as he traveled through Virginia and was missing him very much. Hunting season was a special time that they always shared. It is sad for us that "Paw Paw Crutchfield" will not be here to meet our Adler. However we did get to tell him about our adoption about two weeks before he died. So just as Chris was thinking, and driving, and talking to God, he got a "sign" that showed him God was in control. What happened was Chris drove past a small gas station in the middle of nowhere. He saw that gas was only $3.18 which is almost a dollar cheaper than it has been here in GA. He decided to turn around and go back to the station to fill up even though he wasn't on empty. As he was turning around he saw the street sign below:




And here she is, our very own neice, Galina - from Russia (a. 2006) - a gift from God:



4 comments:

www.AForestFrolic.typepad.com said...

Oh, that's great!! We are so excited for you guys! Hey tell Crutch to come see us while he is here...we are just right down the road! Get back to me and I can give you our info.

The Gobble's (Lanetta) said...

how cool.. that is so awesome...
hang in there....

Joby and Marla said...

It is amazing that God knows just what we need to trust him!!!!

Is Chris just there for 1 week because we have a buddy from Fla there for the whole month?

Andrea said...

Hi Jessica and Chris! I want to send you an invitation to my blog (I didn't see you on my list when I looked today), as I know you have been following it. Please send me your email address to adoptinglily@gmail.com I'd love to know how things are going for you. My dossier was sent to the NY Consulate yesterday, so there is movement again! Best, Andrea in NH

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker