So today we heard that a very dear friend of mine from our adoption agency had their dossier sent to the Consulate in New York. We are elated for them! Yeah Lanetta! So although I am bummed that ours is not there yet, it means that ours must be getting close. We submitted around the same time so it can't be too far from that stage. So for those of you who don't know what happens next.....our dossier goes to the Consulate for 2-6 weeks. Then it goes to the Ministry of Affairs in Kazakhstan for up to 3 months, however, it could be much faster than that. Then, it goes to a specific region where our daughter is - it could be there for up to 4 months but I am not anticipating that either. We then travel about a month after we get a letter of invitation to the region.
So, our fundraiser while we wait is a yard sale at my dad's work (Ready Rent All). We have lots of friends who are donating items and my dad is also going to donate some stuff from the mini warehouses that Chris manages. We are excited about it and hope to raise a lot of money. The sale is June 7th so anyone interested come on out! And if you have anything you want to get rid of we will take that too!
Ben and Suzette, where are you from? I am excited you found my blog.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Favorite Blogs
- http://kaz-livi-wants-a-sister.blogspot.com
- http://mosspackeradoption.blogspot.com
- http://russianfairytales.blogspot.com
- http://smilesandtrials.blogspot.com
- http://smilingallthewayback.blogspot.com
- http://morningstarhappenings.blogspot.com
- http://journeytomatt.blogspot.com
- http://www.wearingvets.blogspot.com
- http://ourpromisedson.blogspot.com
- http://www.ConvergentPaths.com
- http://www.vietkaz.wordpress.com
- http://www.adopting-lily.blogspot.com
- http://www.gobblefamilyadoption.blogspot.com
- http://beasleykazadventure.blogspot.com
- http://glassfamilyview.blogspot.com
- http://hornadoption.blogspot.com
- http://catabaia.blogspot.com
- http://fitzgeraldkazjourney.blogspot.com
- http://ouradventuretokaz-take2.blogspot.com
- http://hollandadoptionjourney.blogspot.com
- http://houseohstone.blogspot.com
- http://foronemoore.blogspot.com
- http://searchingforjanie.blogspot.com
- http://kentandlori.wordpress.com
- http://www.casadelmundo.wordpress.com
- http://weinmeister.blogspot.com
- http://www.freewebs.com/gobblefamilyadoption/
- http://benandsuzettejeckel.blogspot.com
- http://adoptionblogs.blogspot.com
- http://pampellfamilyjourney.blogspot.com

3 comments:
Jessica, You so made me cry.. real tears... thanks so much for your excitement for us...
We are so excited about your yard sale and are praying for you and the finances!!
Have a blessed day... you know I love ya!
Lanetta
Lanetta shared with me about your similar timelines and I just wanted to say that I am praying that you will travel soon!
There are little girls there waiting so I pray it will move quickly now! Blessings!
Dear Jessica and Chris,
Thank you for the kind words in my blog. Congratulations for your dossier being on its way to the Consulate! Looks like you have a very good agency, Kristen had a pretty smooth process. I hope you will travel soon to meet your daughter. It was a very long journey, but so well worth. I wish you all the best!
Catalina
Post a Comment