Monday, June 1, 2009

Bonding Day 8 and the apartment

Bedroom with queen size bed and a crib. That is about all you can fit in that room. Nice closet space. Bed - well not so comfortable but we pretend we are camping and sleeping on the ground.
The kitchen. Stove is very small as you can see, but works nicely now that the fuse was replaced. The table is on the right of this picture and if we have our travel partners over we move it into the living room to fit four. Otherwise Chris and I fit just fine, sitting on our stools.

Our living room. Complete with the couch I am sitting on and the TV on the left of this picture.


Bathroom that also doubles as the laundry room. Above the toilet is the hotwater heater which is a luxury around here to have your own. Most places rely on the city to provide hot water. I will take a picture of the washing machine later. And then I will give you the dimensions - not like at home that's for sure. Nice to have though :)






So here are some pictures of the apartment. It is a one bed room. It has a kitchen and washing machine. No dryers here. We even went to an appliance store today just to look around, yep, no dryers there either. We bought kid swings today that we will donate to the babyhouse. But for the meantime the kids loved them. We are enjoying everyday with our children and keep very very busy, both at the babyhouse and on our free time as well.

9 comments:

Joby and Marla said...

Is the little kid still running around upstairs?
After awhile she really got on my nerves!!!!!!

Tell all the interpreters hello from us & that Kobe sends kisses:)

Dean and Janie said...

How nice Jessica, you all look cozy. I wonder if you can by featherbed pillowtops to put on that mattress. My 41 year old back is already squirming with that bed description - ouch! Oh Well, you do what you have to do :) and it could be worse. :) Maybe we should start camping now just to "practice". :)
Lots of Love from Cleveland, Tn. So happy for your little family.

Dean and Janie said...

Uh, oh, I misspelled "buy". oops.

Carey and Norman said...

I love how you've decorated your place! I think you can always tell if a couple adopts from EE as the furniture, rugs, and bedding all looks the same. The smell is consistent too. Very odd.

Thanks for sharing the photos of your temporary pad!

Jstar said...

You know that the couch is a futon, right? If you finally get violent about the bed, the futon isn't half bad.

Baby swings are such a great idea! What a great present for your twins and all of the kids at the baby house

Baby Kaz Moore said...

Those are some pretty fancy digs!! Who needs the Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton? Seriously, I'm thrilled all is going so well for you. I check your blog daily. Take care, Susan

Anonymous said...

Hey Crutch & Jessica,
We can't wait for you to bring the twins by to see us at the S/O.Both children favor their new parents!
You will continue to be in my daily prayers. Enjoy your babies!
Blessings.

John & Jenny Morgan said...

You have your own hot water heater? That's nice, although I don't recall not having hot (better known as scalding) water in Kostanai. It was all water or just the cold water that was often absent for us. (By the way, those zig-zagging hot water pipes make good towel warmers/clothes dryers if you haven't figured that out.

I am glad you're settling in nicely!

Alison said...

We enjoyed the apartment too! But that kid doing dance or track practice or SOMETHING from 10-11pm every night DID get a little old. Thank goodness for ear plugs.

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker