Chris here...and I'd like to share a little story with yall! So, starting about a week and half ago, Jessica and I would randomly hear the loudest screaming coming from outside of our window (well after the toddler running around upstairs til 11 pm or later). We finally managed to narrow the noise down after about the third night...it was a group of tomcats appearing to claim their territory, two floors below in the parking area of our apartment. I had to formulate a plan...
I had previously bought some scrumptious Granny Smith apples from the local Ramstore (3 to a pack). Instead of continuing to buy the good apples, I elected to buy 6 in a pack for the same price....not so good. They were one step above mush, rather mealy. Oh yeah, so the plan...
So late one night (after hearing screams for at least an hour), maybe 1 am? Jessica went to the window in the living room and scouted the area for the TOMCAT. After she spotted it, I maintained a tactical position from the kitchen window which has no screen, armed only with a mealy apple. As Jessica gave me the command and the exact location of the cat, I fired my rocket arm and unleashed the apple at lightning speed. I hit my target a full ten feet in front of the cat (just where I had so carefully aimed). We didn't hear another peep the rest of the evening. However, the cats have started to act up again. I wasted another two apples last night and I am now down to 2 left.
Disclaimer: no animals will be endangered during these events.
Conclusion: a good night of sleep until the sun rises at 4:30 am is worth even the cost of a Granny Smith Apple!




12 comments:
I love what you've done with Adlers hair. I see its pulled back out of her eyes and accompanied by a big bow,almost larger than her head.She looks like a cleaning lady in the one photo. She's gonna skin you when shes 16 and we all show her this pic
I am so happy to see these last accounts and photos...I had not been able to get on internet since thursday---cleaning of tv room paneling apparently undid or joggled something---sang solo at T. Baugh's church for Evensong service last night and took today as a personal day---so am now at home reading about my loves Jess and Chris and two babies who I am loving more every day...I almost cannot wait to meet them---but how selfish of me---you have waited so very long-----I realize that at least your invited world of guests can all read these offferings, but i don't care, this seems to be the best way to get to you...will try to hook up to skype again tonight!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!MOM
"I fired my rocket arm" haha, you guys aren't missing a beat.
Godspeed with the process. Soon these days will just be great memories.
Good throw Chris!! The Braves coach will be calling :) And the little cutie with the hair bow is just darling!!! So cute!! I look forward to seeing your post each day. The kids do look like they are curious about the outside world. Many people seem to shut down their blogs after they return home and then we never get to see these beautiful babies enjoying their new world. Your not allowed to do that. (smile) Lots of love to you today! The Hollands
Wow...I guess it was too cold when we were there for the kitties to be out & about :) We did feed the puppies that were across from the entrance way of the apartment behind the fence.
What a bow!!!! I think she may be a girly girl :)
We got a kick out of the hair bows too. They look like shower scrubbies! We've decided that one significant benefit for our Kaz girls getting adopted by us, is that they are being freed from a childhood of ginormous bows.
Great tom cat story! Will bring earplugs on trip #2 and try to get them to you. ;)
Funny cat story! Love the purple bow too! Yep I had many of those mealy apples while in Kaz. I think we have the same stroller as the red one. We got ours over there but in blue. I bet it works better on the pavement without the snow and slush we had to deal with. Think I'll sell it in a garage sale! Ha! Hug those kiddies like I'm sure you are doing all the time!
You guys are definitely keeping yourselves busy!
I can't imagine the bond that has formed between you two during this time, much less the incredible bond amongst your new family after these days...Congratulations on making it through this stage, I love you, and I am so proud of you.
Just had to comment again on the precious pictures of your children gazing out the window in a previous post and now Aiden looking through the fence with his questioning eyes. Oh and there's one of Adler looking through a fence too. Wow they are going to be so excited when you finally show them the world! How exciting it will be for all of you. And like the person commented above about your bond I have to agree it is a special time for your marriage. Savor the time you have together as just the two of you over there. It makes you better parents! The Lord has surely given you the desire of your hearts abundantly!
I love the bow--:) Sweet pictures!
Love the cat story and the disclaimer. Too funny.
I also love the too big purple bows! Love it...so EE!!
wow... Happy anniversary... GREAT job with the apples Chris...
and I love the purple hair bow and the John Deere shirt...
LOVE IT!!!!
The pictures are the kiddos are amazing... they are precious!!
Enjoy your 5th anniversary trip!! I agree with Kim.. savor it and have a great time!!!!
Love ya tons..
Lanetta
Post a Comment